A vinyl tablecloth looks attractive when it is clean and wrinkle-free. If you invite guests to your home, they won’t forget to complement this eye-catching fabric.
But what will happen if you just opened the tablecloth package and found out all the wrinkles here and there? How will you feel at that moment?
However, the predictable step is to wash and iron it. Nevertheless, if you still fail to solve this problem, there is good news for you.
Following this article, you will find out how to get wrinkles out of vinyl tablecloth in easy steps. Read on to find out more.
Steps to Getting Rid of Wrinkles
Below, you will find out the proper and easy way to get a wrinkle-free tablecloth.
Step 1: Moist the Towels
Take a couple of bath towels and a water-spray bottle. Spray the water gently onto the towels until it gets slightly wet. Check it by touching with your fingers. Then put the towels onto the dryer.
Step 2: Remove the Packaging
If you buy the vinyl tablecloth is new, open the packaging. Take the tablecloth out and put it in the dryer along with the damp towels.
Step 3: Use the Dryer
Turn on the power supply of the dryer. Adjust the settings to low heat for 2-3 minutes and start the dryer.
Step 4: Take the Tablecloth out
After it is done, take out the tablecloth from the dryer and spread it evenly onto the table or a clean floor. Take a clean and damp cloth and smooth the vinyl gently.
Step 5: Check the Wrinkles
If the wrinkles are gone, you are good to go. If not, put the tablecloth again onto the dryer for a couple of minutes in a low-heat setting. Then spray some water in it and run the machine.
Take out the tablecloth and put it onto the table or floor again and leave it for some time. This will smoothen up the fabric and will give a wrinkle-free look.
How to Get Wrinkles out of a Flannel Backed Tablecloth
Tablecloth with flannel backing contains either plastic or vinyl. Although they wash smoothly, wrinkles might form on them with time. It will start from the back and will slowly develop into the front of your beloved tablecloth. As a result, spreading it onto the table will look awful because all the creases will be visible.
So, as you can’t directly iron the flannel backed vinyl tablecloth, just follow any one of the methods below to get your job done efficiently.
Method 1: Iron Only the Flannel Side
Take the iron and adjust it to low heat. Put the tablecloth on the ironing board with the flannel side facing upwards and the vinyl side facing downwards. Start ironing the flannel side gently. Cover all the wrinkle area and don’t put the iron on a single area for a long time as the fabric might get burned accidentally.
Keep one thing in mind that you should iron only the flannel side and not the vinyl side as ironing the latter side will cause the vinyl to stick with the iron. To speed up the whole process, you can go for the steam function.
Method 2: Steam with the Garment Steamer
Use a garment steamer (portable) and steam the flannel side. This streamer is very effective in removing wrinkles from any fabric. Make sure that you are holding the steamer about 5 to 6 inches away from the flannel backing.
During the whole process, check the area of the front side to see whether the wrinkles are getting vanished or not.
Method 3: Use Heat Energy from the Sun
Take the vinyl tablecloth and hang it onto the clothesline in the morning, especially on a sunny day. The heat energy from the Sun is very good at heating the vinyl to the extent that all the wrinkles are forced to get disappeared.
Method 4: Apply the Dryer Technique
This technique is very easy, as you only need a dryer for this purpose. Pick a small towel and apply some water onto it. This is to make sure that the vinyl doesn’t heat up very much, or else your whole work will go to waste.
Turn on the dryer for about 5 minutes, and after that, take the tablecloth and check for any wrinkles. If there are still some wrinkles present, put it onto the dryer with the wet towel for a couple of minutes. Make sure you don’t overheat it. Later on, take it out and put it flat and let it cool for a while.
- If you have kids, keep them out of reach while you are doing this work.
- Vinyl tablecloth is very good at absorbing food stains. So, you have to clean it up daily. If you have food or oil stains on it, clean the area gently with a cleaning agent.
- During the cleaning process, don’t rub the area hardly or roughly. This will discolor the area, and you will be forced to replace it with a new one.
- As this tablecloth is water-resistant, you can use it for outdoor purposes. You can even use it if you are up for a picnic with your friends or families.
- As this fabric is cheaper, you should always buy a couple of them for backup. You never know when you might need it in times of emergency.
- Before you put the towel onto the dryer, don’t forget to dampen it. Dampening the towel will help the vinyl tablecloth from not getting overheated.
- Always set the dryer to low heat and dry the tablecloth for a couple of minutes.
- If the tablecloth gets burned or a tear is present in it, replace the whole fabric with a new and fresh one.
- Consult with the tablecloth supplier to gain some additional advice from them regarding the wrinkle problem. They might give you some beneficial tips that could help you in the long run.
Get a good understanding of this article as this is filled with beneficial knowledge. Finish the whole work with enjoyment and get a wrinkle-free tablecloth in the end. Have a good day!