Ever wondered about Cast Iron Skillet on Glass Stove top? Can you use cast iron on glass top stove? I know it sounds like a massive blunder, but trust me it isn’t.
We totally get the fact that your fancy glass-top stove is the main attraction of your kitchen.
And we can understand how many times you have skipped your shopping plans as you got to buy the glass-top kitchen stove. Your fear of your glass-top stove being scratched, stained or damaged is pretty valid.
But once you concentrate on my words, you’ll get over it!
Cooking with cast-iron has always been a fun-filled chore regardless of which cooktop you’re working with.No matter if you are using cast iron on electric top stove, it can gracefully handle the heavy kitchenware.
In general kitchenware with flat bottom works wonders in glass top stove.
But what if when you want to use a cast-iron skillet on glass top? Will you drop the plan just because you got a brand new and shiny glass top stove?
Not at all!
Can You Use Cast Iron On Glass Top Stove?
It is true that the experts recommend avoiding heavy and uneven bottomed pans and pots over glass top stove.
But that doesn’t mean you can not use a cast iron skillet on the glass stovetop. This can be executed if you take enough precautions.
Cast iron skillets are immensely heavy and the glass stovetops being extremely fragile and crack-prone, it is a bit risky to use a cast-iron skillet on glass top stove.
But being careful of it gives it a right swipe!
There is a common misconception that using a cast iron skillet on a glass-top stove is not safe or worth it.
Let’s tell you why that might not be true-
- This kitchenware candidly warps while cooling during the manufacturing procedure and prevents it from sitting flat.
- Some manufacturers choose to add a thin ring which and that allows to sit the skillet flat but raises it off the burner just a bit.
- It makes the ring the only thing communicating with the burner.
- One of the biggest misconceptions about cast iron skillet and the glass-top stove is that the skillet has to be in full occupying situation with the glass for an even heat.
But it isn’t true.
- Even the probabilities of the glass-top stove being scratched are very minimal if you’re cautious about it; Make sure that the kitchenware isn’t sliding around.
- These kitchen helping hands have always been one of the most reliable and worthy things to be used in kitchen tops of every category.
- Unlike random ones the cast iron skillet regulates heat evenly.
- Cast iron skillets have been around the world for many generations. Modern household more or less depends on it.
How to Use Cast Iron Skillet on Electric Stove
Using cast iron on electric stovetops can let you cook a vast variety of recipes.
If you have become tired of searching for a pan or pot to fry, bake or sear-this is it! If you purchase this excruciatingly tough tool once, you won’t need another for decades.
The exceptional heat retention and even heat let the food cook in the most exquisite manner. The extensive use of it isn’t limited to your households only; You can relaxingly use this boon over the campfire as well!
Using Lodge Cast Iron on Glass Cooktop
Lodge Cast Iron has been one of the most popular and ancient cast iron kitchenware brands in the United States. They claim to use it every day on a glass top stove.
Though Lodge claims to use it on a daily basis, they have recommended taking precautions regarding heavy pots when it comes to glass top stove.
There are heating coils in the electric glass stoves under the glass that delivers heat through the surface.
However, even if your skillet hasn’t got a ring on it, it will still work with electric ranges. Make sure that your favorite skillet is clean and dry before setting it down.
In fact, Lodge cast iron on glass top stove is also a secured option to go for. This trustworthy brand ensures that you don’t unwantedly scratch or spoil your favorite glass top stove.
These top-notch varieties of cast iron have always been one of the most reliable and worthy things to be used in kitchen tops of every category. Unlike random ones the cast iron skillet regulates heat evenly.
Cast iron skillets have been around the world for many generations. Modern household more or less depends on it.
Using Cast Iron on Electric Glass Top Stove
It is said that the cast iron skillets are extremely heavy and are difficult to wash. It is believed that cast iron pan on an electric stove is a great bizarre!
But once you get used to it, that won’t be a matter anymore.
Furthermore, to execute the cast-iron and glass-top stove combination for real, you need to keep some basics into consideration-
- Do not move your cast iron skillet back and forth over your glass top; It might create scratches and smudges. Even if you have any sort. Even if you have such a habit of sliding the pans, try to avoid doing it.
- Before using the glass-top stove clean it gently with soft foam and cleaner. Even after cooking onto it, it is recommended to wash it again.
- Dry or wipe it with a soft and clean napkin or paper towel right after getting it rinsed.
- Do not rush to increase the temperature at once. It is advised to gradually increase the temperature. While using lodge cast iron on the glass cooktop, do not go from 0 to a great temperature. GO SLOW.
- Carefully remove the trivet after using it. There are many cases where the glass stove top was immensely damaged as the hot cast iron skillet wasn’t removed in time.
Well, that was it about using a cast iron skillet on the glass stove top. See? It ain’t that tough as you thought it to be right? These surefire tips I’ve provided you will cover everything you need to know.
So, if you think you’re good to go with it, what’s stopping you from using a cast iron skillet on your glass stovetop? Keep up the good work right away.